Salam to all...
Hope y'll are keeping well. Alhamdulillah we're back! Ah... I really missed you all so much. Anyway, our holiday was so great and hectic but here is great also. It's summer time. Plenty of sunshine. Flowers blooming, birds singing happily... Everybody is busy... renovating, cleaning, painting, gardening, etc... and some leaving for holidays! Everyone is happy and smiling.
This is the perfect time for picnic and bbq. We had our bbq last weekend during the bank holiday and here is one of the dish.
This Ayam Percik recipe was from sajiemas@myresipi. Thanks so much for the lovely recipe and here is the recipe that you can try. I have altered the recipe to suit my taste.
- 2 whole chickens (cut and wash)
- 500 g onions
- 50 g ginger
- 50 g galanggal (I just put a slice of it)
- 50 g garlics
- 5 lemon grass
- 2 cups of sugar (I reduce the amount of white sugar and add some brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp Maggie stock powder
- Blended dried chili - up to your liking
- 100ml Chillie sauce
- 500g coconut milk
- * I put some cumin and fennel powder
- Blend the onion, ginger, galanggal, garlic and lemon grass and mix with the other ingredients except chicken.
- Cook in a pot until the mixture bubbling.
- Let it boiling for a while, then add the chicken.
- Let it simmer until the chicken is half cooked.
- Toss the chicken and let the gravy simmer till thicken.
- Prepare the bbq burner.
- Put the chicken into the thicken gravy, make sure the gravy coating the chicken.
- Cook till golden.
- Serve with the leftover gravy.