It was sometimes since my last entry... It was not that I did not cook or starve myself all this while... it was just that, we did not make anything special worthwhile to share in this blog (malulah nak post makan nasi dengan telur goreng dalam ni..hehehe..)
This was the first time I bought fresh mussels (berjanggut lagi uuu...) so, it took my hubby to scrubed them clean... next, bring a pot of water to boil and drop the mussels. Once they started 'smiling' (open) at you, toss them. Open each mussel and clean a bit with clean water to get rid of any remaining dirt... don't forget to pull out the 'beard'...
Next you can have the cooked mussels with any dressing you like. I made this chilli plum sauce to drizzle on top of the mussels. Here is how I make my chilli plum sauce...
- 2-3 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 shallots - sliced
- 1-2 tbsp of dried small shrimps (udang geragau kering)
- 1-2 tsp of ground chilli - depends on your liking (if you want it hot, you can put more)
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat couple of tablespoon of cooking oil in your hot pan.
- Fry the shallots for a while and put the crushed garlics...let it fry till a bit brown.
- Put the dried shrimps, ground chilli and pour all the sauces.
- Keep stirring for a while.
- Add some water if the gravy was too thick.
- Season it with some salt and sugar.
- Give it a taste..
- Pour the gravy on the mussels and served with some chopped coriander.
- Nice to eat as a starter or as a main course with some rice.