Autumn is getting to the end..... winter is coming sooner or later.... day becomes shorter... and night is getting longer... when it comes to winter... everything seems so depressing.... everything seems dark, cold, chill, sad, unhappy..etc... but for food, this is the time where the demand is so high.... you always feel hungry... especially those with big family... the kitchen seems fully occupied... hehehe... anyway... let me cheer you up with this yummy mushroom soup that we love to enjoy it hot, during this cold weather with some fresh baked baguettes... emmm... so yummy...
- fresh mushroom - cleaned and sliced
- a tin of double concentrated Cream of Mushroom
- half tin of water
- half tin of fresh milk
- fresh ground black pepper
- When the pot is hot, put some butter and the sliced mushroom.
- Fry until cook.
- Add some salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Toss the mushroom on a plate.
- Using the same pot, pour the cream of mushroom concentrated.
- Add the milk and water.
- Keep stirring to prevent the soup becomes lumpy...
- Taste. Add some seasoning if you like.
- Off the heat.
- To serve: Pour the mushroom soup in a serving bowl. Place the butter fried mushroom on top of the soup. Garnish with more ground black pepper and some fresh herbs (parsley, scallion or coriander) if you like.
- You can eat this on its own or with some fresh bake bread, garlic bread or anything you prefer.. we just enjoyed it with some petite baguettes that we bought from our local supermarket.