At this stage I'm sure some of us are alike... We just cannot accept any 'juadah raya' type food anymore... but we still need to feed ourselves...hehehe... so here comes chapati.. for me, the best chapati is soft and ada rasa 'lemak2 gitu'... this one is a bit dry.. anyone can help me with the best chapati recipe?
- 3 cups Chapati flour
- 1 cup of cool fresh milk (I used evaporated milk) - don't pour all
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- a bit of salt
- water - if needed
- Mix the flour with the ghee and salt together until well combine.
- Next make a well in the centre and pour the egg. Mix it together and pour the fresh milk bit by bit until you can form a dough.
- Knead until form a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it for half an hour.
- Divide the dough to 6 equal small balls.
- Take one ball and flatten (roll it) to 2-4mm thickness.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan. Put a bit of butter on the pan or drizzle a bit of oil.
- Place the rolled chapati on the hot pan. Let it cook on medium heat and when it 'bubbles up', press with a ball of towel and turn the other side.
- Repeat the same process. Once cooked, put it aside.
- Brushed with some butter (if you like - to make it soft / moist).
- Cover the cooked chapati.
- Serve with any gravys you like.