Friday, August 22, 2008

Ondeh-ondeh Potato



Sya'ban is already towards the end and Ramadhan is coming...Some of us must be so busy doing some preparation for Ramadan like making some frozen food, so that they will have more time in their tadarus and they can increase their amal during the fasting month. Talking about the preparation for Ramadhan, I made some 'acar buah' yesterday and served to our guest Kak Ju and Kama. Alhamdulillah, that was my first time in making acar and we did enjoy the 'acar' for our dinner last night.. will post the photo of the acar in next entry. Besides acar, one of my preparation for Ramadhan is going to improve my skills in making kuih-muih. So I started with this kuih... ondeh-ondeh @ buah melaka. This was the second time I made this kuih. I also remembered my friend, Kak Ju used to make this kuih using sweet potato, it was lovely. Unfortunately, my sweet potato was expired and I just had some potatoes (Rooster variety). I thought I wanted to give it a try... So I started with the project.. Let see how I make my ondeh-ondeh potato.

Ingredients (for 2 persons):
  • 1 Rooster Potato - peeled, washed, boiled and mashed
  • some tapioca flour
  • some yellow coloring (opt.)
  • some Gula Melaka - diced
  • some grated coconut - *mix together
  • some salt - *mix together
Methods:
  1. Mix the mashed potato with the tapioca flour and the coloring until form a dough.
  2. Meanwhile, boil some water in a pot.
  3. Take a bit of the dough and flatten it on your palm.
  4. Take one of the diced 'Gula Melaka' and put it at the centre of the dough and close it tightly.
  5. Shape it round like a marble and drop it into the boiling water.
  6. Repeat with the remaining dough until finish.
  7. The 'ondeh-ondeh' is cook when it's floating in the boiling water.
  8. Scoop out using the tea sieve and drop in the salted grated coconut.
  9. Served.
Enjoy!

No comments: