Salam and greetings to fellow bloggers and visitors... Sorry for being quiet for the past few days... After coming back from Galway, we had family day (invited by Lucan Malaysian community) at Glendalough lake, County Wicklow. It was a very entertaining day. We really enjoyed ourselves, alhamdulillah. We also went for hiking, pictures will follow in a few days.. having troubled with uploading photos to the blog. So, here is the recipe that I want to share with you. This muffin were made for Kak Jah and family for their 'bekal' before moving to Cork city last Sunday. The muffin was ok for us. I used drinking chocolate for this muffin, so the color and the taste was not chocolaty enough. Next time I'm going to use proper coco powder. The recipe was from mak lang's fp. Thanks mak lang.
- 75 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp coco powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 60 g butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 190C (mine 170C).
- Beat the cream cheese and 2 tbsp of sugar together and leave aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup sugar, coco, baking powder and salt together.
- Make a well in the center. Pour in the egg, butter and milk and stir till just moist.
- Spoon some chocolate batter into each muffin tin and drop 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture on top. Then, cover with some chocolate batter. Basically, you'll have a cheesecake center.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes till springy to touch.