I made this for our dinner yesterday. I have been keeping this bun recipe for months. Thanks to my best friend Juli. Her mother passed away recently, please make doa' for her. Al-Fatihah.
The texture of this bun was spongy but solid... I think it's best taken when still warm. Here is the recipe if you like to try.
Ingredients (for 12 buns):
- 120 ml fresh milk
- 50 g egg
- 300 g flour bread
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 60 g butter
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- Put all the ingredients in the bread maker, and on the dough setting.
- Knock the dough to release the air.
- Then, shape to 12 equal balls.
- Take one ball, flat it and put the filling in the centre.
- Close it tightly. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Let it prove until double in size.
- Sprinkle some water on the dough.
- Put in the oven for 12 -15 minutes in 180 C.
- Sardines in tomato - mashed them
- 1 potato
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 garlic - crushed and diced
- slice of ginger
- cumin and coriander seeds
- 1-2 tbsp fish curry powder
- curry leaves
- tamarind juice
- Peeled the potato, washed and diced.
- In a hot pan, pour a little oil, fry the onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add the curry leaves, little bit of cumin and coriander seeds and the fish curry powder. Add some chili powder if you like.
- Pour some tamarind juice and add the diced potatoes. Add some salt and sugar.
- Pour some water and let it simmer a while.
- Add the sardines. Taste it.
- Simmer until the gravy dry out.
- Off the heat and let it cool before you put into the dough.