I have this craving for chocolate cake for weeks. So, I decided to try the recipe that I've been keeping for sometime, and it came out very nice... we shared this chocolate cake with our friend's kak aniza and her family.... she also asked me to make this cake again, this time she bought it from me... alhamdulillah. This recipe came from email@example.com. Thanks kak nor for sharing this lovely recipe. This is the recipe that I want to share with you...
Ingredients: (for 9 inch baking tin)
- 250gm butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs (A)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup warm fresh milk
- 1 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup coco powder
- For chocolate topping:
- 150gm cooking chocolate
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Greased the baking tin with butter and floured it. Leave it aside. Preheat the steamer.
- Sieved the flour and coco powder together.
- Beat the butter with castor sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Then, add the vanilla essence and beat again.
- Add egg one by one and beat until fluffy.
- Pour small amount of milk and the sifted flour and by using a spatula fold gently, repeat with the remaining milk and flour until finished.
- Pour into the greased baking tin. Cover the tin with the kitchen foil. Steam the cake for 1 1/2 hour.
- Let it cool first before topping / decorate it.
- For chocolate topping: On a small heat, add the cooking chocolate (have been broken into small pieces) ,condensed milk and hot water into a saucepan and keep stirring until the chocolate melt. Off the heat and add the butter. Keep stirring until the butter melt. Let it cool or thicken a bit before topping it onto the cool cake and decorate to your own preference.