Thursday, June 26, 2008

Apple Pound Cake



Next time if I want to bake this cake again, I would like to add 2 apples instead of 1 apple. This recipe was from yani@myresepi.com. Thanks yani for sharing the recipe. The cake was soft and the taste was great. Suitable for tea. Here is the recipe that you can try.

Ingredients:
  • 1 apple - skinned (I used red apple)
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 100 g butter - room temperature
  • 80 Castor sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 100 ml fresh cream / whipping cream
  • 150 gm plain flour (I used self-raising flour)
  • 1 tsp baking powder (I didn't add this)
  • walnuts - optional
Methods:
  1. Washed the apple and cut into small cubes about 3 mm. Add the 2 tbsp of sugar. Mix well. Cook until soft or you can also put in the microwave for 3 minutes. Leave it aside to cool.
  2. Preheat the oven in 180C.
  3. Cream the butter and add in the Castor sugar and beat again until white.
  4. Add egg one by one while continue beating.
  5. Then, add in fresh cream and beat a while.
  6. Add the sifted (plain flour + baking powder) into the mixture. Using a spatula, gently stir until well combine.
  7. Lastly, add the apples (with the juice if there are). Stir gently and pour into the greased baking tin.
  8. I sprinkled some Walnuts on top.
  9. Bake for 35 (depend on your oven) or until cook. (For my oven, I bake in 175C for 45 minutes).
Enjoy!

No comments: