A few days ago, we had craving for KFC. Since the price of KFC has gone up (I think) and there is no HALAL KFC over here, we decided to make our own version of fried chicken meal ala KFC. Here is how I made my Fried Chicken Meal ala KFC.
- Pieces of chicken (washed and rinsed)
- *Kikkoman soya sauce
- *Ground pepper
- Kentucky flour (or any tempura flour that you have)
- Paprika powder
- Chili powder
- Marinade the chickens with the (*) ingredients for an hour. (You can also put some fresh milk to tender the chicken).
- In a clean seam plastic bag, add the Kentucky flour, paprika, chili powder, salt and ground black pepper. Close the seam and shake well. (You can also add some curry powder if you like).
- In a small bowl, add the egg and beat gently with a fork.
- Remove a piece of chicken and add into the egg, let it well coated. Then, drop into the flour mixture bag. Close the bag and shake so that the chicken well coated.
- Repeat the step 4 again to the same chicken to make the coating thicker.
- Drop in a hot oil. Deep fry until golden.
- Served it hot with mashed potato and coleslaw.
Ingredients (2-3 persons):
- 2 potatoes (skinless, washed, cubed)
- 1tbsp of butter
- fresh cream / whipping cream / fresh milk
- Boiled the potatoes until soft and tender.
- Drain the water.
- Add butter, a bit of salt and some cream / milk.
Ingredients (for 3-4 people):
- 1 celery-rough blend
- 1 onion-rough blend
- 5 tbsp Maggie chicken stock liquid (I used 1 cube Maggie chicken stock)
- 650 ml water
- 40 gm butter
- 20 gm plain flour
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- Thick Soy sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Boil the chicken stock, celery and onion. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sieve into a small bowl.
- In a small pot, heat the butter until melt and add the flour.
- Reduced heat, keep stirring until it won't sticking at the pot.
- Add the sieved broth and continue stirring so it won't curdle.
- Add the oyster sauce, tomato sauce and a few drops of thick soy sauce (for color).
- Season it with ground black pepper.
- Cook until you get the desired thickness of the gravy and off the heat.
- Drizzle the gravy on top of the mashed potatoes.