Two days ago, we went for our weekly grocery shopping. In that shop, we came across mouth watering donuts, but there were expensive. So, I decided to make my own. This recipe was taken from kelly at www.allrecipes.com. Thanks kelly for sharing the recipe. For your information, this was my first attempt in making donut and the result was not bad for a beginner. The donuts texture were so soft even hours later on the table. I made the donuts into a few shapes, spiral, ring and small ball. Here is the recipe if you like to try.
Ingredients (making 18 big donuts / >30 small donuts):
- 5 cups flour (I used strong white flour - suitable for bread machine)
- 1/2 cup Castor sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup fresh milk (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup luke warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cups butter / shortening (if you have)
- Oil to fry
- Castor sugar for coating
- Add all the ingredients except oil and castor sugar (coating) into the bread machine. On the bread machine and press the Dough button. It will took about 1 1/2 hour depends on your bread machine.
- Or, you can mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then knead the dough with your hand until soft and elastic. Cover the dough / bowl with a clean damp cloth / cling film and leave it at a warm place until double in size.
- Shape the dough to your liking.
- Cover the donuts and let them rise into double size and fry in the hot oil until golden.
- Coat the donuts with Castor sugar.