I made this a few days ago when the weather was warm and sunny. I heard the bird singing so happily, reminded me of the rhythm of cha cha .. So, lets Cha... Cha... Cha... You can make this as a desserts or as a sweet treat for your tea (Minum Petang). Here is how I made my Bubur Cha Cha..
Ingredients (4 people):
- 100g of cha cha
- a portion of pumpkin - skinless, diced and washed
- half tin of coconut milk ~ 200ml
- 5tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of dark Muscovado sugar (Gula Merah)
- a Pandan leave
- Boil the cha cha and pumpkin in separate pots until soft and tender.
- Drain the water.
- In a bigger pot, dissolved the sugar and salt with coconut milk. Add Pandan leave to flavor.
- Add the cha cha and pumpkin to the above pot and bring to simmer.
- Add some water if the gravy is too thick.
- Off the heat and let it cool a bit.
- Beware: The cha cha will absorb the water (gravy) and get larger. So make sure the 'gravy' is sufficient.
Health warning: Some people doesn't like so much coconut milk (santan), you can cut down on this by using fresh milk or you can burn of the calories by exercise or Cha..Cha..Cha..