Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Burger Malaysia @ Burger Ikan Bilis



I came across this recipe recently, I was so delighted. This is one of my favorite 'kuih' during childhood. Thanks to yani@myresepi for sharing the recipe. It easy to make and 2 burgers can easily feel your stomach to the brim... hehehe. Here is the recipe that I want to share with you...

Ingredients (make 8 burgers):

*200g flour (I used strong white flour)
*140ml fresh milk / water
*2tbsp butter / margarine
*2 1/2 tbsp castor sugar (I used 2 tbsp sugar)
*1/2 tsp salt
*2 tsp dried yeast
oil for deep fry
sambal ikan bilis
cucumber / iceberg lettuce

Methods:
  1. Put all the * ingredients into a mixing bowl. Knead until the dough is not sticking at your hand. Make a big ball, covered it with a damp cloth and leave it to rise until it doubled in size. (I used my bread maker machine for this process).
  2. Knock the dough several time to release the air inside and divide it to 8 small balls.
  3. Cover the small balls with a damp cloth and leave them to rise until doubled in size.
  4. Deep fry them until golden yellow. Let it cool on the kitchen towel.
  5. Cut the bun 3/4 way through.
  6. Just like burgers, insert the 'sambal ikan bilis' with the cucumber slices. Served.
Enjoy! Yum..yum.

No comments: