I came across this recipe recently, I was so delighted. This is one of my favorite 'kuih' during childhood. Thanks to yani@myresepi for sharing the recipe. It easy to make and 2 burgers can easily feel your stomach to the brim... hehehe. Here is the recipe that I want to share with you...
Ingredients (make 8 burgers):
*200g flour (I used strong white flour)
*140ml fresh milk / water
*2tbsp butter / margarine
*2 1/2 tbsp castor sugar (I used 2 tbsp sugar)
*1/2 tsp salt
*2 tsp dried yeast
oil for deep fry
sambal ikan bilis
cucumber / iceberg lettuce
- Put all the * ingredients into a mixing bowl. Knead until the dough is not sticking at your hand. Make a big ball, covered it with a damp cloth and leave it to rise until it doubled in size. (I used my bread maker machine for this process).
- Knock the dough several time to release the air inside and divide it to 8 small balls.
- Cover the small balls with a damp cloth and leave them to rise until doubled in size.
- Deep fry them until golden yellow. Let it cool on the kitchen towel.
- Cut the bun 3/4 way through.
- Just like burgers, insert the 'sambal ikan bilis' with the cucumber slices. Served.