Monday, May 12, 2008

Corn Muffins Like Kenny Rogers Roasters



Kenny Rogers Roasters....emm...yummie.. when I was in a secondary school..about 10 years ago...ehm...ehm.. my aunt used to bring me and my brothers to the KRR restaurant in a shopping complex beside the Berjaya Hotel at Penang. I can't remember what's the name of the shopping complex. The roasted chicken really fantastic and the corn muffin emm.. so delicious.. I adore it.

Anyway, I found this recipe from MamaFami's fotopages a few days ago. The sourced of this recipe was from recipezaar. For me, the muffin was really close to KRR's corn muffin. It was the best muffin I've ever baked. Thank you Mama Fami, Zaar and Emm Kay for the lovely recipe. We like it very much. For my friend Juli Nadia, this is the muffin that you've been asking for.

For you out there, here is the recipe that you can try...

Ingredients: (For 12-18 muffins --> depend on the cup size)

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar - next time, I should reduce by 1-2 tbsp
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - I used cream flour
3/4 cup cornmeal (Polenta)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk - I used 2 tbsp milk powder mix with water (half cup)
3/4 cup frozen corn - I used canned sweet and tender corn

Methods:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F or 175°C.
  2. Cream together butter, sugar, honey, salt and eggs in a mixing bowl.
  3. Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add milk while mixing.
  4. Add corn to the mixture and by using a spatula mix it evenly.
  5. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter. (I just spoon into the paper cups).
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments: