Tried this recipe from Nure at Myresepi... for our tea this evening... We like this cake very much.. It was not too sweet... just nice... the texture was soft and moist... the natural mango's colour was fantastic... Once tried you will ask for more... Guaranteed by my hubby...hahaha.. Thanks Nure...
Here is the recipe that I've modified slightly, sorry Nure, I want to finish my self-raising flour stock..hehe:
Ingredients (4-5 people):
- 100g non-salt butter (room temperature)
- 100g castor sugar
- 120g self-raising flour-sifted
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 150g mango diced (I used canned sliced mango)
- Greased the pound cake tin and put a greased proof paper inside and brushed it with some melted butter.
- Preheated oven at 170C.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add in sugar and beat again until fluffy and lightly white.
- Add egg one by one and beat again.
- Pour the sifted flour bit by bit and by using a spatula, fold the flour gently until the mixture combined.
- Add the diced mango and fold until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pound cake tin.
- Baked for 40 minutes or until cooked.