When we went to the nearby grocery store, we found out that whole pineapples were on sale, it was just 45 cent each. So we bought one. At home, I came across the photo of Pajeri Nanas from Joayee's blog and decided to cook the same but using my grandmother's version of Pajeri. Here is the recipe to share...
- Pineapple - skinned, eyed and sliced
- Onion - sliced
- Garlic - sliced
- Ginger - sliced
- Curry leaves
- Some Star anise, cinnamon bark, cardamom and cloves
- Meat Curry Powder mix with a bit of water
- Coconut milk
- Tamarind juice (opt)
- Add some oil into the hot pot. Fry the prawns until cook and leave aside.
- Using the same oil, fry the curry leaves, star anise, cinnamon bark, cardamom and cloves for a while.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger, fry until soft and golden.
- Add the curry powder with some water.
- Pour the coconut milk and some 'kerisik'.
- Add some salt and sugar, and let it simmer for a while.
- Add the pineapple. Stir until the gravy coating the pineapple.
- Let it simmer.
- Taste it, the gravy should be sweet, add more sugar if possible,
- and if you like to be a bit sour just add a bit of tamarind juice.
- Lastly, add the fried prawns. Stir well, taste and served.