This brownie was made and consumed last weekend. I served this as a desert to our visitors. A word of warning, only takes small pieces at a time because it was so rich. I 'diluted' the richness with vanilla ice cream. This brownie was from Mak Lang's fp. Shukran Mak Lang. Here is the recipe if you like to try...
Ingredients: (For 10 people)
- 1 cup butter - melted
- 1 cup coco powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix coco in well with the melted butter.
- Add sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and nuts or chocolate chips.
- Mix until well combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, you do not want to overbake it!
- I bake it in 170C for 40 minutes (depends on your oven).
- Let it cool and served with ice cream. Mmmmm...Sooooo rich..