We have this for our tea today. This is my first attempt in making Pak Tongko. I have been searching for this recipe for so long. Recently, I found the recipe from email@example.com. A few years back, there was a 'Pasar Malam' every Monday evening at the front of our old house. Every time I went to the Pasar Malam with my mum, I always asked her to buy this. They sold the Pak Tongko with Peanut Sauce (Kuah Kacang / Kuah Satay), but we like to eat this with curry. I missed my old house...Huhu.. homesick already. Anyway, here is the recipe that you can try. Oh yes, thanks a lot Sofinar for sharing the recipe.
Ingredients (for 4-5 people):
- 300g plain flour (I used strong white flour)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp margerine (I used butter)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp yeast
- 50-75 ml water
- bit of salt
- Mix well all the ingredients except water.
- Then, add water bit by bit and knead until form a smooth dough. (I used my mixer for this job)
- Cover the mixing bowl with a cling flim and let it prove for an hour.
- Roll out the dough (1 cm thick) and using a knife, cut into any shape you like.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, deep fry it until golden in color. (Like frying donuts)
- Best to eat with curry, sambal, peanut sauce or any dips that you like, or just on its own.