Monday, June 9, 2008

Pak Tongko



We have this for our tea today. This is my first attempt in making Pak Tongko. I have been searching for this recipe for so long. Recently, I found the recipe from sofinar@myresepi.com. A few years back, there was a 'Pasar Malam' every Monday evening at the front of our old house. Every time I went to the Pasar Malam with my mum, I always asked her to buy this. They sold the Pak Tongko with Peanut Sauce (Kuah Kacang / Kuah Satay), but we like to eat this with curry. I missed my old house...Huhu.. homesick already. Anyway, here is the recipe that you can try. Oh yes, thanks a lot Sofinar for sharing the recipe.

Ingredients (for 4-5 people):
  • 300g plain flour (I used strong white flour)
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp margerine (I used butter)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp yeast
  • 50-75 ml water
  • bit of salt
Methods:
  1. Mix well all the ingredients except water.
  2. Then, add water bit by bit and knead until form a smooth dough. (I used my mixer for this job)
  3. Cover the mixing bowl with a cling flim and let it prove for an hour.
  4. Roll out the dough (1 cm thick) and using a knife, cut into any shape you like.
  5. Heat oil in a frying pan, deep fry it until golden in color. (Like frying donuts)
  6. Serve.
  7. Best to eat with curry, sambal, peanut sauce or any dips that you like, or just on its own.
Enjoy!

No comments: