Salam... today I want to share with you this recipe from email@example.com. She said that she got the recipe from Mak Cik who sells 'kuih-muih' at her school canteen. She also said that her cucoq's still soft even in the evening. For me, the taste's yummy but the texture's not so soft (less water I think). Will try again and follow the true recipe. Anyway, here is the Sofinar's recipe.
Ingredients (for 5 people):
- 300g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1/2 cup dried anchovies (bilis)
- 1 onion
- 2 onion spring
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Bean sprouts (taugeh) if you like
- Bit of turmeric powder
- Blend the anchovies, egg, onion and water until form a smooth paste.
- Mix the flour with the yeast.
- Add (no.1) and the other ingredients. Stir well.
- Leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Drop a spoonful into the hot oil, deep fry until golden in color.
- Served with chili sauce.