I just want to share with all of you this recipe that I came across in firstname.lastname@example.org. The original recipe used tuna instead of sardine, but you can put any filling that you like, like sambal ikan bilis, chicken or beef curry and others. You must not assume this recipe like long bread with filling, because it's not. The texture is different, but we like it very much. My hubby can eat 4 sticks in one go.. hehe.. A healthy snacks for your children. Thanks yani for the lovely recipe.
Ingredients (6 sticks ~28 cm):
- *200 g flour (I used strong white flour)
- *20 g castor sugar
- *1/2 tsp salt
- *2 tsb baking powder
- 20g butter
- 140ml fresh milk
- Sardine filling
- Add all (*) in a mixing bowl, mix well.
- Add butter and pour a small amount of milk at a time and knead until the dough's not stick to your hand.
- Cover the bowl with a clean damp cloth or wrapped the bowl with plastic and leave it to rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepared the filling and let it cool.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls. Shape into cylinder.
- Using the rolling pun, roll the cylinder and put the filling at the center.
- Close it tightly and shape it into a long stick.
- Using a scissor make a few cuts or slits on the top of the stick.
- Dust with a bit of flour.
- Bake in 200 C for 15-20 minutes (depends on your oven) until cook.