This is what we had for lunch today... Nasi Tomato and Ayam Masak Merah... We had this with avocado salads... Later on today, we're going for a walk to burn off the calories... hehehe...
This is how I made the Nasi Tomato...
Ingredients: (4 persons)
2 cups rice, washed
1 onion - sliced
2 garlics - sliced
2 inches cinnamon bark
1 tomato - diced
5 tbsp tomato soup (tin)
1-2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp olive oil
21/2 cups water (i used 2 cups water and 1/2 cup of fresh milk)
Salt and sugar
a hand full of Sultanas
- Washed the rice and toss it dry. Place the rice into the rice cooker. Add the water... measure as you usually cook plain rice.
- On a hot pan, heat the ghee with the olive oil, then fried the onion and garlic with the cinnamon bark, cardamom and anise until the onion soften and golden.
- Pour the tomato puree, tomato soup and diced tomato.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Stir well and cook for a while.
- Off the heat. Pour it into the rice pot. Stir it gently. On the rice cooker.
- When the rice is almost cook, sprinkle some sultanas.
- Garnish with fried onion.