Hello everyone... Today is May Bank Holiday... and the weather is so lovely... The sun shines brightly... the sky is blue and the birds singing happily.... everyones in their t-shirt and enjoying the weather.... the summer is here?
Anyway, I just want to share with you this apam /apom recipe that I made yesterday for our tea... The taste is alright. I put red bean filling... you can put any filling that you like...or you can leave it plain. This recipe is from Yani at myresepi. Thanks Yani and here is the recipe...
Ingredients: (8 apams)
- 2 eggs
- 50g sugar
- 100g plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 150g cream/plain flour - sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder (I just use 1 tsp) - sifted
- Pour water into a steamer and on the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl whisk eggs with sugar until fluffy.
- Add yogurt, cooking oil and vanilla essence, whisk again.
- Then add the sifted flour and baking powder together and whisk evenly.
- Spoon into apam's casings or you can use ramekins if you have.
- Steam for 20-25 minutes.