The Soya Beans
I found a packet of soya beans a few days ago... from my food storage @ 'gerobok' haha... wondered how long have it been there.. anyway alhamdulillah it's not expired yet.. and finally I decided to make my homemade soya milk with help of a 'cotton sieve' (penapis teh kain)... alhamdulillah we like it very much... it turns out to be so nice... lemak berkrim..kihkih.. my hubby said masuk bakul angkat sendiri ye.. :-) i took it as a compliment..hehe..
This was how I made my soya milk:
- Put 1 cup of soya beans in a bowl with plenty of water. Leave it there for overnight. (Rendam semalaman)
- After overnight you can see the beans turgid (kembang) and you can easily pull out the skin. This may took some times.
- Take the skinless beans and put in the blender. Blend some of the skinless beans with some water. Repeat with the remaining beans until finish. Add more water if possible.
- Sieved the milk into the pot.
- Cook the soya milk with a pandan leaves and add in some sugar.
- Cook until sugar dissolved and boil. Off the heat.
- Nice to drink either hot or cool with some ice cubes.