Assalamualaikum.. Hello every one! This is my first attempt for this recipe, Alhamdulillah it was alright... For those out there who love caramel pudding, you'll love it. I served this as desert to my friend, kak Aniza who came over this morning for brunch with her childrens, Rayyan and Hanzalah and also her sister, Azmah. The main dish was Nasi Lemak and Sea Bream Grilled. To kak Aniza this is the recipe that you asked........ enjoy!!
This recipe is from yani at myresepi.. Thank you very much yani. It was a success!
This is for 20 cm diameter round baking tin.
- 60 gm sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 eggs
- 500 ml fresh milk
- 70 gm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 70 gm cream flour
- 60 gm castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 20 gm butter - melted
- Grease the baking tin with soft butter. Preheated oven to 170C. Melt the butter and put aside.
- To make caramel: Mix sugar with 1 table spoon of water. Heat until golden (caramelized). Then add 2 tablespoon of water and turn off the heat. Pour this into the greased tin while still hot. Leave aside.
- To make the pudding: Heat milk and sugar until the sugar dissolved and turn off the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and vanilla essence. Stir a little bit. Then pour the hot milk (no. 2) gently into the bowl while stirring the mix. Stir it slowly, make sure there is no bubble.
- Sieve the mixture (no. 4) into the caramel tin.
- To make the sponge cake: Separate the yellow (yolk) and the white eggs. Beat the white eggs with half of the sugar until stiff (meringue consistency).
- Beat the yolk with half of the remaining of the sugar until creamy.
- Mix the (no. 7) into the meringue. Fold it gently until evenly mix.
- Sieved the flour into the above (no.8). Fold it gently.
- Pour the melted butter and stir well (gently).
- Pour the mixture into the same tin on top of the liquid pudding. Put the tin on a tray with warm water. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked.* The cake will float on top of the pudding, so there's no need to prebake the pudding.
- Let it cool first before turning the tin.