I don't know that there are so many names for just one cookie... shamen (myresepi) said at Malaysia, those are all the names for this kuih, like 'kuih lidah kucing', 'kuih lidah buaya', 'kuih lidah jin', 'kuih kapal terbang', 'kuih tiram'...and etc.. fuuh... so many aaa.. hehe.
Anyway, our family called this kuih, 'kuih kapal terbang'... hehehe... and how about you?
Thanks email@example.com for this lovely recipe... We like it very much.
Here is the recipe...
Ingredients: (1 tin biskut besar @ ~30 pieces)
- 500gm flour (I used cream flour)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp margerin (I used Stork~Perfect for Pastry)
- bit of salt
- 160ml water
- **6 tbsp corn flour** (I used Birds Custard)
- **6 tbsp oil**
- Mix together ** until form a smooth paste, keep it aside.
- Combine the others until form a smooth dough and easy to knead (if it's too soft, add some flour, if it's too hard, add some water)
- Roll the dough into a big thin layer (you can divide dough to a few balls if you like and roll thinly).
- Pour the (no.1) on top of the rolled dough evenly.
- Roll it nicely (Like a swiss role). Make a few slices about the thickness of your thumb (~2cm) . Take one of the slices, roll it thinly. Repeat with the remainings.
- Fry it until yellow-golden. Let it cool on the kitchen towel (Kitchen towel absorb excess oil).
- Coat it with some icing sugar. Keep it in an air-tight container.
Enjoy eating!... Krup..krap..krup..krap... :-)
P/S: Please check you blood sugar afterwords...hehehe...