Watched Delia Smith tv show last weekend showed how to make an omelette. There are so many variety of omelette possible. This is my version of the omelette and here is the recipe.
- 2-3 large eggs per person, combine the yolk and white - don't overbeat
- You favourite vegetables (I put some cabbage, carrot, scallion, onion, pepper)
- 1 red chillie, deseeded and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh milk (If you like)
- Freshly milled blackpepper
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 level teaspoon of butter
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Season well and stir until well combine.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan.
- As soon as the butter melt, pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook in medium heat.
- When a bubbly frill appeared round the edge.
- Tilt the pan 45 degree and using a tablespoon draw the edge of the omelette into the centre. The liquid egg will flow into and fill the space.
- Keep tilting and pulling the edges to the centre until there will be just a small amount of liquid left. This is the time to start folding and serve on a warm plate or if it's too thick (like mine), flip over and continue cooking for a few minutes and served.