Saturday, May 3, 2008

Crispy Baked Chicken



This was what we had for our dinner a few days ago... Initially I want to make Crispy Fried Chicken.. but, my hubby preferred it to be baked instead of fried... less oily he said... anyway, here is how I make my Crispy Baked Chicken... the original recipe was from kak aniza, who taught me long ago... (I don't know whether you remembered it or not) how to marinade the chicken to make the flavor taste good before frying it. I find it very true. To kak niza, thanks for sharing the knowledge or tips... We had this with mashed potatoes and coleslaw.

Ingredients: (For 2 -3 persons)
2-3 slices white bread
2 Chicken Legs (any part you like) - washed and rinsed
Kikkoman soy sauce
Fresh Milk
Sea Salt
Ground black pepper
A bit of dried thyme

Methods:
  1. Marinade the chicken legs with the fresh milk, kikkoman soy sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. (You can leave it a few hours)
  2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, grind the bread into fine crumbs and mix with a bit of salt (you can also put some paprica and tumeric powder if you like) and keep it aside.
  3. Preheat the oven to 200C. Place a baking sheet on a roasting tray and pour a bit of oil on the baking sheet. (I used olive oil).
  4. Remove a piece of chicken from the marinade mixture and drop into the breadcrumbs.
  5. Place on the oiled tray. Repeat with the remaining chickens.
  6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cook, halfway cooking, rotate the tray to cook it evenly.
Enjoy!

No comments: