Friday, May 9, 2008

Char Horr Funn



This is my second attempt for this recipe. Unfortunately, I don't know where I got this recipe from. I think it must be from one of the famous fotopages. Anyway, I will check it later. We like the recipe very much. This is one of my hubby's favorite dish back home. I made some adjustments from the real recipe to suit what we have in our fridge and here is how I make my Char Horr Funn...

Ingredients: makes 4-5 servings

Half packet of dried kuey teow
3 cloves garlics - crushed
1 teaspn white pepper
1/2 teaspn black pepper
chicken fillets, thinly sliced
meat, thinly sliced
prawns
crab stick
Half cube chicken stock
Vegetables
Eggs
sesame oil
5 tblspn soy sauce (Kicap cair + kicap pekat)
1 tbsp corn flour mix with 2 tbsp of water
Water, sufficiently

Methods :
  1. Soak the dried kuey teow in boiled water. Keep it aside until soft. Drain.
  2. Pour 2 tbsp of sesame oil into a hot frying pan and followed with soy sauce (kicap). Immediately, add in the kuey teow, stir just until soy sauce coated the kuey teow. Place kuey teow on a prepared plates / bowl.
  3. Next, heat again the frying pan and pour some sesame oil. Fry garlics with the ground peppers.
  4. Then add in the meats. Stir and leave to cook.
  5. Add in the chicken fillets, prawns, crab sticks and vegetables.Then, pour some water and let it simmer for a while.
  6. When it starts to boil, add the chicken stock and pour in the cornstarch mixture and let it simmer until the gravy thickens.
  7. Add salt and sugar according to taste.
  8. Finally, break the eggs into the gravy one by one (qty according to servings), do not stir. Put the lid on. Off the heat when the eggs cook.
To serve: Just pour the hot gravy on the prepared fried kuey teow. If you want an extra 'kick', try it with some pickled bird chillies or bird chillies with soy sauce. Emm... yummie...
Enjoy!

Updates (16/5/2008): Finally, I came across where I copied the recipe's from, it's from Naz Rinn Chan fotopages. Thanks a lot kak Rinn.

No comments: