This was our second attempt.. what can I say, it's delicious... the recipe is
1 can crab meat
1 can cream corn
1 onion - dice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon grass - crushed
1 cup fresh milk
ground white pepper
chicken stock (cube) - optional
1. Melt the butter in a hot pot.
2. Add the onion and lemon grass. Fry until soft.
3. Add milk. Stir a number of times.
4. Add the cream corn, stir and put all the seasonings.
5. You can add some water/ milk if it's too thick.
6. Lastly, add the crab.
6. Stir well and off the heat.
Nice to eat while it's warm with some warm garlic baguettes. I sprinkled some chopped sweet basil on top of my soup. For Chinese crab soup, you can omit the milk and replace with water or chicken stock.